Recipe for making Oaty Banana Bites
These are based on a recipe from the fb page Feed your family for about £20 a week.
They are ideal for breakfast on the go, or a sweet treat which is quite filling (well, it is when you’ve had three!!). You can leave out the chocolate, or substitute it for dried fruit of your choice.
Two large overripe bananas
Two cups of porridge oats
Five squares of chocolate (milk or white, or a mixture)
1. Pour the oats into a bowl.
2. Cut the tops off the bananas and squeeze the insides into the bowl.
3. Chop the chocolate roughly into small pieces and add them to the bowl.
4. Mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are combined.
5. Roll into 12 balls of equal size.
6. Place them on a baking tray, with baking paper on it, with spaces in between. They won’t spread so you don’t need large spaces.
7. Put in the oven at 160 degrees for about 12-15 minutes. If you’d like more squidgy bites, leave for less time.
8. Leave to cool and then enjoy!