While I was making the Fruit Muesli and Peanut Butter Cookies, I decided to try a chocolate based ones for the children, knowing that they will not touch dried fruit with a barge pole now- despite eating their own body weight in it when they were toddlers. So this is a simple recipe for Nutella Oat Cookies, same method as the other cookies. As an aside, I might try these with no added sugar, I’m not sure they need any added.
1/8 cup of sugar
1 & 1/4 cup of porridge oats
1. Mix the nutella and sugar together. (Warm the nutella a little first if you’re finding it a tough job).
2. Mix in the egg.
3. Stir in the oats until fully combined.
4. Spoon on to a tray lined with baking paper. The quality I used made 12 balls, about golf ball size, or maybe slightly bigger.
5. Bake in the oven at 160 degrees for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden brown.
6. Leave on the tray to cool for about ten minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
7. And there you are- Nutella Oat Cookies. Simple 🙂