Banana Muffin Recipe
I have constantly got over-ripe bananas in my house, that get chucked into the freezer for using on a later date. Time to get using some! Hence the next recipe for the Bakehouse Blog!
200g self raising flour
pinch of salt
3 large bananas, mashed
150g caster sugar
75g butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Place 12 paper baking cases in a muffin, or cupcake, tin.
2. Put the flour and salt in a bowl, then set aside.
3. Combine mashed bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter in a large bowl.
4. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until just smooth- don’t over mix.
5. Spoon evenly into baking cases in muffin tin.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly tapped.
These muffins will freeze well, but they also last for at least three days after baking too. I’m going to play with this recipe and add oats, cinnamon etc, and play about with reducing the amount of sugar too.[...]