White Chocolate Oat Cookies.
Soft chewy chocolate cookies, but the recipe could be adapted to use whatever you have in the cupboard- an combination of chocolate, dried fruit, nuts.
110g butter, softened, or baking margarine
110g caster sugar
85g light soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
180g porridge oats
200g white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 170c fan oven or Gas Mark 5.
2. Line a 2 or 3 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
3. Cream together the butter, caster sugar and light brown sugar.
4. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat into the mixture.
5. Mix in the flour, baking powder and the oats.
6. Pour in the chocolate chips, or whatever you are using, and mix until well combined.
7. Roll into balls about 1 1/2″ diameter and place well spaced out on the tray.
8. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until they are just starting to turn golden.
9. Take out of the oven and leave to cool slightly and firm up a bit on the tray.
10. Transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
If you make this recipe, let me know how you get on!