11th June 2013
After spending a week on a French Cake Break with Rhu Strand from Pimp my Cake with Mama Rhu, and being treated to the most amazing cooking, I took inspiration from one of the local delicacies that we were treated to and added a bit of a twist. The results, I can assured you, are amazeballs!
Ingredients you will need:
(this is what I used, you might choose slightly different quantities)
1 part baked French baguette
1 block of Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference, Kidderton Ash Goats’ Cheese, thinly sliced
About 7/8 strawberries, depending on their size, thinly sliced
A drizzle of Sainsbury’s runny honey
About 5 fresh basil leaves, torn
What to do:
1. Slice the baguette into around 15 slices.
2. Place them on a baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for 5 minutes.
3. Transfer to a grill, and place a thin slice of goats cheese on the toasted bread, followed by one or two slices of strawberries.
4. Place under the grill for a few minutes until the cheese starts to melt.
5. Transfer to a serving dish and while still warm, drizzle honey over the crostini.
6. Sprinkle the torn basil leaves over the top, and serve.
An easy peasy, whipped up in under ten minutes treat 🙂