10th September 2013
This is a twist on bread and butter pudding which came about due to the need to use up a packet of brioche…..
What you need for this recipe:
6 individual brioche rolls, sliced
350ml whole milk
50ml double cream
6 tbsps Nutella
25g chocolate chipsWhat to do:
- Grease a 1 litre pie dish with butter.
- Slice the brioche and spreas the nutella on each slice.
- Arrange a layer of brioche (about half of the slices), chocolate side up, in the bottom of the dish, then sprinkle half on the chocolate chips over the top. Add another layer of the brioche.
- Gently warm the milk and cream in a pan over a low heat to scalding point. Don’t let it boil.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add three quarters of the sugar and lightly whisk until pale.
- Add the warm milk and cream mixture and stir well, then strain the custard into a bowl.
- Pour the custard over the prepared bread layers and sprinkle with the other half of the chocolate chips and the remaining sugar and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the dish into the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the custard has set and the top is golden-brown.