White Chocolate Oat Cookies.Soft chewy chocolate cookies, but the recipe could be adapted to use whatever you have in the cupboard- an combination of chocolate, dried fruit, nuts. Makes 24. Ingredients: 110g butter, softened, or baking margarine 110g caster sugar 85g light soft brown sugar 1 egg 1 tsp vanilla extract 150g plain flour ½ tsp baking powder 180g porridge oats 200g white chocolate chips Method: 1. Preheat the oven to 170c fan oven or Gas Mark 5. 2. Line a 2 or 3 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. 3. Cream together the butter, caster sugar and light brown sugar. 4. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat into the mixture. 5. Mix in the flour, baking powder and the oats. 6. Pour in the chocolate chips, or whatever you are using, and mix until well combined. 7. Roll into balls about 1 1/2″ diameter and place well spaced out on the tray. 8. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until they are just starting to turn golden. 9. Take out of the oven and leave to cool slightly and firm up a bit on the tray. 10. Transfer to a wire rack to completely cool. 11. Enjoy! If you make this recipe, let me know how you get on!
Recipe for making Oaty Banana Bites
These are based on a recipe from the fb page Feed your family for about £20 a week.
They are ideal for breakfast on the go, or a sweet treat which is quite filling (well, it is when you’ve had three!!). You can leave out the chocolate, or substitute it for dried fruit of your choice.
Two large overripe bananas
Two cups of porridge oats
Five squares of chocolate (milk or white, or a mixture)
1. Pour the oats into a bowl.
2. Cut the tops off the bananas and squeeze the insides into the bowl.
3. Chop the chocolate roughly into small pieces and add them to the bowl.
4. Mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are combined.
5. Roll into 12 balls of equal size.
6. Place them on a baking tray, with baking paper on it, with spaces in between. They won’t spread so you don’t need large spaces.
7. Put in the oven at 160 degrees for about 12-15 minutes. If you’d like more squidgy bites, leave for less time.
8. Leave to cool and then enjoy!