Recipe for The Most Delicious Oaty Coconut Bars Recipe
These are gorgeous. I mean, really tasty. Well, I guess if you don’t like oats or coconut you might want to pass, but if you do, you HAVE to try these. And as a bonus, they are really quick to make. AND, if you can’t wait for them to cool down, they’re also delicious warm. Just be careful not to eat them too soon. We don’t want any burnt mouths do we?!!
And this isn’t just my own opinion. Nooooo. A few people have eaten these and think they’re yummy too. I bake for my classes. Some might say I use them as guinea pigs for my new bakes, but of course I wouldn’t agree with that! Well, kinda. But when they get yummy treats like this, they can’t really complain can they??
Let’s get to the important bit- the recipe.
160g porridge oats
90g dessicated coconut
175g caster sugar
125g plain flour
2 heaped tablespoons golden syrup
150g butter/baking margarine (I used dairy free spread, use whatever you prefer)
1. Line an 8″ square tin with baking paper and heat the oven to 170 degrees.
2. Put the butter and golden syrup in a large saucepan and melt over a medium heat, stirring. Once melted, take off the heat.
3. Add all of the other ingredients to the melted butter mixture, and stir until fully combined.
4. Pour it into the prepared tin, and flatten it out so it is evenly spread in the tin.
5. Bake for 20 mins.
6. Cool in the tin for about 10 minutes, then transfer the bake in the baking paper to a cooling rack to fully cool (or scoff some while it’s still warm- but remember no burnt mouths!), then cut into 12 pieces.
Simple as that. Ready in half an hour or so. Delicious.
Let me know if you try them and what you think.